The Haydon RJ45 video and power baluns are the most convenient way to connect analogue CCTV cameras to a recorder using a single Cat 5e or Cat 6 Ethernet cable.
The baluns can be used to transmit video and AC or DC power over a Category 5e or 6 Ethernet cable with RJ45 connectors on each end.
The distance that the baluns are effective over varies depending on the camera resolution, the video format, and the camera voltage. The table below help calculate the distance you can expect to get but as a quick example, a typical 12-volt fixed lens CCTV camera using TVI such as a Hikvision dome camera will operate with video and power at up to 75 meters.
- Video format HD-TVI
- (eg. Hikvision) HD-CVI
- (eg. Dahua) AHD
- Voltage at the device 9.8VDC 8.8VDC 10.2VDC
- Distance for video & power 400mA device (eg. Fixed IR camera) >5MP @ 75m >8MP @ 115m >5MP @ 50m
- Distance for video & power 1000mA device (eg. Small PTZ camera) >5MP @ 20m >8MP @ 30m >5MP @ 25m
- Distance for video only 250m @ 720p 250m @ 1080p 250m @ 3MP 180m @ 4MP 180m @ 5MP 440m @ 720p 250m @ 1080p 200m @ 3MP 200m @
- 4MP 200m @ 8MP 4K 320m @ 720p 250m @ 1080p 200m @ 3MP 200m @ 4MP 180m @ 5MP